Monday 12 May 2014

Let The GCSE's & SATS commence

Yes, you guessed it, it's exam time in our house! Connor starts his GCSE exams today and Amber faces her SATS tests this week.  Stress levels could be a little higher in our house right now, but to be perfectly honest they both seem to be taking everyting in their stride.  Having been revising for several weeks, Connor is prepared for whatever is thrown at him. After weeks of endless preparation at school Amber seems to be ready for these tests that the government insist on being very necessary to our eleven year olds education. Oh please don't get me started on the pointlessness of SATS, even teachers have agreed!

As for me, my coritsol level is probably a little higher than normal. With assignments due, totaling 10,000 words, end of year exams looming and my clinical portfolio to be completed, I admit I am getting a little stressed.  However I have ensured I am organised, most assignments are written and revision is started.  So following my childrens lead I may just get through the next four weeks without gaining too many extra grey hairs. But don't panic, I've booked a hair appointment in the middle of my exam week, just incase!

We spend years teaching our children all sorts of things, from good manners to brushing their teeth twice a day and much more in between.  Yet as my children grow older I truly believe I can learn from them too. From them I am learning to worry less, to just take each day as it comes.  Children really are wonderful teachers.

So Connor and Amber, I wish you loads of luck, I know you will do your best and I will be proud whatever the results.

Until next time, take care.
Zoe
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment