Monday 2 September 2013

Starting my Second Year

Well here I am sat at uni, ready for the start of my second year.  I can't quite believe the summer is over and feel a little disgruntled that I have returned to class before my own children, but hey ho that's just the way it is.  Studying for a medical or health degree does not give you the benefit of lovely long holidays as there is so much to fit in the three years.  However the biggest benefit I can see is that I will leave university with a qualification that will just about guarantee a job.  I will also be doing something I love, that will benefit so many people, so heading back to uni now isn't so bad.

I can't quite believe that I made it to the second year.  Believe me there were days when I almost threw in the towel.  But thankfully I have a rock of a husband, a fantastic clinical lecturer and a supportive mentor.  Without these three people I am not sure I would have made it this far.  Retraining is a huge change, so if you are contemplating heading in a new direction with your career be prepared for days when you question everything you are desperately trying to achieve.  

So here I go at the start of another roller coaster year that I know will be exciting, scary and bloody hard work! But I wouldn't want it any other way.

Until next time, take care.
Zoe
x


No comments:

Post a Comment