Thursday 12 September 2013

Settling into the New Term

After a lovely warm summer we all headed back to school last week and thankfully it seems to have gone smoothly. The downside is tired grumpy children as they settle back into routines but insist that times for bed are still in holiday settings! Of the joy of starving children meeting you in the playground at the end of the school day.  Fortunately after a plate of crackers and cheese and a glass of juice my little darlings are revived.  Yet the older three can almost eat a meal when they arrive home from the school bus ride and then still eat their dinner.  Honestly I am not sure where they put it all, but at least they are all very sporty and active so there are no fears of wider middles here!

Well I am almost at the end of my second week of the new academic year and boy what a difference being a second year makes.  The workload seems enormous, with plenty of extra reading to be done.  Yet the subject areas we studied as first years are now being explored in more detail and if I am honest, I am actually really excited about this.  Projects and assignments have been set and I am really looking forward to getting stuck in.  Having covered the basics in year one I feel that now it's time to get serious and I have already raided the library at uni. So much to learn and do but I couldn't be happier.

I hope you have all had a good start to the new school year, with happy, if a little more hungrier, children.  That new teachers are a welcome change and that the homework schedule isn't too gruelling just yet.  

Until next time, take care.
Zoe
x

No comments:

Post a Comment