Monday 8 December 2014

The Year in Books : December


I know it has been a while since I wrote a post for The Year in Books but I have still been reading, although mostly journal articles for assignments and my dissertation.  However unless you have an interest in paediatric oncology, prostate cancer or health literacy I am sure none of these will be of interest! But thankfully I still find a few minutes each night to read before I go to sleep.  Over the past few weeks I have loved If I Stay by Gayle Forman and Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.  Both have recently been released on the big screen but I am always cautious when great books are made into films, so I haven't rushed to the cinema just yet.  

This month I have opted for something a bit more light hearted, in the shape of my old heroine Bridget Jones.  A little late to the party in reading the latest diary, Mad About The Boy, from this character, but I have already spent the last few nights reading into the small hours. Clearly I am not disappointed with Helen Fieldings latest offering, already rooting for Bridget to make it through the abyss of single parenting and getting back on her feet after the loss of her great love, Mr Darcy.  

My Christmas list is always full of books and with a bookseller husband there is always something to read in our house.  Perhaps if you are stuck for what to read next pop over to The Year in Books link up on Circle of Pines for plenty of inspiration and reviews.  Also if you are looking for some vintage Ladybird, Enid Blyton or Penguin books for stocking fillers this Christmas then pop over to Letters & Luggage on Etsy.

Until next time, take care.
Zoe
xo

1 comment:

  1. I just submitted my own dissertation, phew. More time to read for fun! I usually like a good thriller but I didn't like Gone Girl but maybe I was not in the right frame of mind. I have not heard of Gayle Forman, must check her out on Goodreads. Happy reading. x

    ReplyDelete