Wednesday 1 January 2014

My Word for 2014 is.....TIME


Well hello 2014!  I never make resolutions and this year have decided to join lots of lovely people in choosing a word for the year.  I have thought long and hard about this and read many other posts from fabulous blogging friends about their choices, including The Start Up Wife and also inspired by Susannah Conway.  I finally decided yesterday that my word for 2014 will be TIME.

I will make TIME -
           for exercise - I was doing so well until clinical placement and commuting got in the way!
           to write cards and letters to send to friends. Snailmail surprises!
           to study - I have several thousand words to write before the end of May!
           for my family - my children are growing so fast.  I also hope for more date days with Andy.
           for trips to the beach - my favourite place in the world.
           for writing - I've had ideas for a couple of books in my head for about three years, I want to start                                     making real plans for these this year.  I also plan to make sure I write here more!
          for being mindful - I am already trying the Headspace app to help me make sure I do this.

So what will your word be?

Until next time, take care.
Zoe
x


         

6 comments:

  1. Lovely post Zoe, as always... This has really got me thinking, I will be back with a word! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zoe, I've chosen! ;-) http://www.aspirationalbride.com/word-for-the-year-2014/

      Delete
  2. Hi Zoe & a very Happy New Year to you and the family ;o)
    I loved this latest blog post, the thought and sentiment. It has gotten me thinking too.
    TIME is so very precious, often not always appreciated enough, expensive for some to give away, too easy for others to waste... but when you set aside time to plan something special, to support and assist a friend, or just get lost in time as a real treat for yourself, one really understands the importance of allowing sufficient time in your own life to have that sense of fulfilment and excitement too.
    All the very best for 2014 - huge hugs, Mary xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you lovely ladies for taking the time to write a comment. Have fun Carol choosing your word, I look forward to finding out what it is. Such lovely words Mary, time is precious and I am sure you will make the most of your this year :)
    Wishing you both a very happy new year xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend of mine introduced me to this concept last week - my word is Patience - with myself and others as well as with my creative process - great post!! Mine is here if you want a read
    http://suebulmer.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/my-word-of-year.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great word and I love how you plan to apply it to all aspects of your life, time for yourself as well as your family and study. Thanks for your comment on my word, grow, blog post too! :)

    ReplyDelete