Friday 18 July 2014

Three Hungry Teenagers at Camp Bestival



Yes that's right, we will be taking three hungry teenagers to Camp Bestival, nevermind Kitty (aged 7) who has the fastest metabolism I know and Amber who is teenager in training at eleven years!  So thinking about food and starting to buy supplies for Camp Bestival is taking some planning.  With just two weeks to go *excited squeal* I am giving food for the weekend some serious consideration.  Hungry children does not bode well, as we all know hungry children means grumpy children.  Therefore I am planning some easy camp stove meals, that do not rely on me having fridge access.  Ideas so far are pasta with stir in sauces, pasta and tuna, beans and hot dogs in tins.  Yes I know these are not my first choices when planning family meals but needs must and all that!  Whilst some may avoid bringing eggs camping I like to take risks, especially as they are great protein options for hungry teens and means I can rustle up some french toast crumpets (recipe can be found here) for breakfast.  As for snacks I will of course be bringing crisps, fruit, biscuits, rice cakes, breadsticks, bread and croissants and making several cakes, scones and flapjacks to bring with us.  Our plan is to eat breakfast at our tent, have lunch out at the many, many choices around the festival and then dinner will be back at the tent before returning for more festi-fun in the evening.

Hindsight is a very fortunate thing this time when planning food, with Connor, Jack and Lucy regularly checking the bags I am starting to fill with foodie purchases.  Have you started planning your meals for Camp Bestival yet? Any extra tips are always welcome! Also remember no glass is allowed on the site, so decant jam, choc spread, marmite, wine, Pimms, etc into plastic containers and bottles before you go.  

Have a wonderful weekend and until next time take care.
Zoe
xo

Disclosure - This year I am one of the official Camp Bestival bloggers, working with them to share my top tips and reviewing the festival.  They have kindly given us a family weekend ticket, however all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment