Thursday 10 July 2014

Baking - Triple Chocolate Cookies


Since finishing for the summer I have revisited my love of baking, indulgently perusing recipe book pages and baking treats for my children.  After a morning of gloss painting the staircase I decided to make a batch of cookies.  For the past couple of years Andy and I have been using a favourite recipe taken from The Australian Women's Weekly Chocolate cookbook.  So having teased some of you earlier on Instagram with photos of my baking I thought I would share the recipe with you.

Ingredients
125g butter, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
250g light muscavado sugar or soft brown sugar
1 egg
150g plain flour
35g self raising flour
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
35g cocoa
85g raisins
200g of chocolate, chopped coarsely (you can use dark, milk or white all three!)

1. Preheat oven to 180C / 160C fan oven.
2. Lightly grease two baking sheets.
3. Beat together the butter, sugar, vanilla extract and egg until smooth.
4. Stir in the flours, cocoa and bicarb.
5. Stir in the raisins and chocolate.
6. Put dessert spoonfuls of mixture on a baking sheet. Leave a space as they do spread out.  Also you can make smaller cookies by using a teaspoon or huge cookies using a tablespoon!
7. Bake for 10 mins. Leave for 5 mins after getting out of the oven then transfer onto a cooling rack.
8. Enjoy!

I am going to play with flavours over the next few weeks, but using the basic recipe.  Perhaps orange and cranberry, chocolate and ginger, tropical fruit (using dried pineapple, mango and papaya), lemon and raspberry.

Have fun baking and until next time take care.
Zoe
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment