Monday 13 July 2015

First Two Weeks As a Qualified Radiographer

Well I have survived my first two weeks and can honestly say that I love my new job.  No longer being a student is strange but good and will take a while to get used to.  Returning as a qualified member of staff to my training hospital has proven to be beneficial, knowing my way around, already knowing staff names aswell as knowing how to use Varian equipment.  So far the transistion has been smooth and as of last Friday I am no longer supernumerary, which in itself is a milestone.  A scary milestone as I am now responsible every time I set up a patient and beam on! 

Many newly qualified's take the summer off before starting their first job, enjoying that last summer of freedom before many years of working.  However I chose to just have the three weeks, as I really wanted to start earning money but also because everything was still fresh in my memory.  Often returning to placement after the long summers meant I take a week or two to get back in the way of working. That's the problem with being a mature student! 

So I am now just waiting for my new uniform and name badge to arrive and then I think I will really feel like a real radiographer!

Until next time, take care.
Zoe
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment